History

Created some 72 years ago, the National School of forestry and wildlife Mbalmayo has undergone several name changes during its evolution. First referred to as centre d’ apprentissage Forestier ( CAF ) in its creation in 1949 and having as its first Director Mr. MOULE (1949 – 1952), the CAF ( Centre D’apprentissage Forestier) is situated in a part of the forest reserve of malabo. Formerly, these lands belonged to the big MVOG-NDI family. The main mission of CAF was to train indigenous people who specialized in cartography for forest exploitation. (Photo first promotion of CAF)

From 1952, the Forestry Learning Center became Ecole Technique Forestière (Forestry Technical School) abbreviated as ETF under the leadership of Mr. GUISCAFE. The ETF provides training for forestry officers. (Photos main building of ETF & one of the teachers of Forest Botany from the early ETF).

From 1952 to 1960, witnessed the creation of an arboretum extending over an area of ​​7 hecters , of a school forest occupying 772 hecters with the creation of two school fish ponds. All of these resulted in the training of forest officers with the help of new pedagogies . (Photo ebony platter from the arboretum). From 1953 to 1956, the school was managed by Mr. LALLEMENT then by Mr. DEMO from 1956 to 1962.

Under the direction of Mr LEBRETON ( 1962 to 1968) L’ETF acquired the appellation L’EEF ( École des eaux et forêts ) in 1966 with a new , training of technical forestry agents ( picture of the remains of the l’EEF building) .

In 1968, the management of the EFE experienced changes at its head, in particular with the appointment of the first Cameroonian director in the name of Mr. MBENG Gustave (1968 – 1970).

From 1970 to 1971, the L’EEF was directed by Mr. YON Marcel. A year later, Mr. EKO EBONGUE took over as head of the institution (1971 – 1972).

From 1972 to 1976, the EFE was headed by Mr. AMOUGOU Jean Fidèle

Mr. KEDI Jean was the Director of the EEF from 1976 to 1978. He ensured the construction and the inauguration of the current buildings of the institution (fruits of cooperation between Cameroon and the Soviet Union). The EEF witnessed a modernized training framework (photos of the inauguration ceremony, electrical engineering room, mechanical section room, technology and wood treatment room, president Ahidjo and M. KEDI, first promotion of technicians trained in the new building and of the Director who ensured the transition of the school).

From 1978 to 1983, the EFE again witnessed a change at its head with the arrival of Mr. ESSAME Félix. In 1980 ; the EEF became ENEF (National School of Water and Forests whose main mission is the training of junior personels of the forest administration (Technical Assistant, technician and senior technician of forestry and wildlife ). (Photo by M. ESSAME Félix who ensured the transition from EEF to ENEF).

From 1983 to 1999, Mr. YON Marcel was the second director of the ENEF.

From 1985 to 1996: establishment of forest tree plantations in the school forest followed by reforestation in the school forest following a severe degradation of the preexisting cover in illegal agricultural practices. (Photo plantation Terminalia superba and terminalia ivorensis established in 1986).

From 1986 to 1990, the ENEF professional body was reinforced by two British aid workers. The ENEF has received a large material donation to support the forest inventory course. All these thanks to cooperation between Great Britain and Cameroon.

Following the 1990 crisis, the ENEF stopped training foresters mainly oriented towards the public sector with the start of training for the majority civilian foresters. ( Picture , second promotion of civil students of ENEF during the dentrometry practical works in the dyospiros crassiflora platter in the arboretum).

From 1999 – 2002, Mr. EBAMANE NKOUMBA Samuel replaces Mr. YON.

2001: Beginning of review of teaching programs at ENEF (MEYNET reform);

-Training more adapted to realities

-Training is no longer oriented primarily towards forest satisfaction

– The start of the status of ENEF teachers

– Creation of the Network of Forest and Environmental Training Institutions in Central Africa (RIFFEAC) of which ENEF is a founding member

The RIFFEAC is a platform responsible for ensuring the updating and harmonization of training dispense at the sub-regional level in the environment and forest sectors

From 2002 to 2003; Mr. MENGANG MEWONDO Joseph is Director of the ENEF (photo of the Director of the ENEF).

From 2003 to 2010, the ENEF was directed by Mr. LINJOUOM Ibrahim. This new regime, witnessed a strengthening of practical work on new educational supports.

– ENEF support through the OIBT project with the establishment of new supports

– Two kilometer (2 hecters) dendrology and phenology trail

-Extension of the arboretum (10 new plots on 1 hecter are set up (Photo Director, canarium platter of the extension of the arboretum, tree labeled with the dendrology trail)

-2006: Validation of a new Training Master Plan (PDF) at ENEF. PDF focuses on replacing capabilities of Teachers training, research and program redesigning.

2010: Start of PDF implementation with the start of modular training

The construction of the ENEF fence with the aim of securing its campus

Change at the head of the ENEF

From 2010 to 2012: Mrs. NDEDI Marie – Rose became Director of the ENEF

2011: Beginning of rehabilitation of ENEF fish ponds ceded to an individual in the 1990s and abandoned thereafter. Educational supports are rehabilitated and functional.

ENEF participates for the first time in the agro-pastoral meeting in Ebolowa; participation marked by the establishment of a presidential tree at the comice site (Director photos, photo comice agro-pastoral Ebolowa 2011)

2012 to 2017: Mr. SEME Magloire Prosper is Director of the ENEF.

2017: change at the head of the ENEF with the arrival of Mr. MBOCK Germain.

 

ENEF Cameroon
Chronologie de l'histoire de l'ENEF